Summer is coming in full force and for many, the sun’s UV rays are causing some serious skin damage. Red and inflamed skin, dry and itching pain, rashes, blisters, skin peeling… these are only some of the symptoms caused by staying in the sun too for long. But whether you were unprepared or simply didn’t care, we have the perfect solution for treating your sun-related injuries this summer – coconut oil!
But before we go into how to treat your sunburns with coconut oil, here’s why you want to treat it with coconut oil: Store-bought, artificial sunburn creams and lotions are filled with chemicals that can further increase skin irritation. Natural remedies, like coconut oil, work because they don’t have any side effects and are much safer to use. Now, let’s get started!
Treating Sunburns with Coconut Oil
1) Apply a damp washcloth to your sunburned area as soon as you notice a burn, then apply coconut oil directly.
2) Massage gently for a few minutes and you should soon feel the stinging and burning sensation being lessened. Leave the coconut oil on the skin for a few hours (or overnight) without washing, after which the redness and swelling of your sunburned skin should also see reduction.
3) Repeat regularly.
That’s it! But for those who want even better/efficient healing, essential oil can be mixed in with your coconut oil. Certain ones, like chamomile essential oil and lavender essential oil are especially great at soothing your skin and reducing irritation.
Treating Sunburns with Coconut Oil and Essential Oil
1) Like above, first apply a damp washcloth to your sunburned area. Then mix about 20 drops of your essential oil of choice (we recommend chamomile or lavender essential oil) with 4 ounces of coconut oil.
2) Apply the mixture directly on sunburned areas and massage gently for a few minutes.
3) Wipe off with a clean wash cloth.
4) Note: We do not recommend using essential oil on your skin on the day you received your sunburn. Please wait for at least 1 full day.
In case you didn’t know, coconut oil also works great as a sunscreen! Check out Four DIY Essential Oil Recipes for Summer, including a DIY sunscreen made with coconut oil!
Established in 2016, Anjou’s exclusive collection of skincare products and essential oils are all made using preservative-free ingredients from around the world in order to empower users to live more naturally and confidently with 100% natural ingredients.
Pure and Organic: Anjou works closely with specialists around the world to find the perfect location and environment, making sure Anjou products are made from the best stuff on Earth.
Safe and Secure: All Anjou products first undergo a rigorous internal selection process before being sent to the FDA/USDA for official approval. Before shipping, we run a final QC check to make sure everything is in order.
Customer Focused: Every aspect of Anjou and every decision we make, from our product pricing to packaging to after-sales support, is done to keep you, our customer, satisfied.
To learn more about Anjou and Anjou products, visit the website at www.anjou.com